Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Council Works in Mysterious Ways...

I see that Carmarthenshire Council are planning to give £280,000 towards the funding of the proposed bowling alley and community facility on the old St Ivel site in Carmarthen for the Towy Community Church. This is on top of the land already donated last year to the value of £750,000. In fact I didn't realise the Council had so much spare cash - have I missed something? This decision should please all those campaigning to preserve the non-denominational day centres for the elderly, village schools, care homes, libraries etc obviously the budget predictions were entirely wrong and all will be saved. 
Naturally, I believe such ventures, religious or otherwise should be encouraged, I wouldn't want to put a dampener on such enthusiastic community spirit...In fact I am thinking of setting up my own 'Caebrwyn Community Fellowship' as I am sure the Council would give me some prime development land and a few quid to start my own church community facility...wouldn't they?
I think we need a little more clarity over this.
 http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/wyl/carmarthen/Bowling-alley-s-163-1m-council-support/article-3383839-detail/article.html

Later Post; http://carmarthenplanning.blogspot.com/2011/04/council-works-in-even-more-mysterious.html

1 comment:

Richard said...

Trustees of the "Towy Community Church" are listed here http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/ContactAndTrustees.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1136394&SubsidiaryNumber=0

Are any of these names familiar?

PASTOR MARK BENNETT
MISS MARY BAYES
MRS NICOLA BENNETT
MR JOHN LYNDEN
MR RANDELL THOMAS